¡Oh no! ¿Dónde está el JavaScript? El navegador Web no tiene JavaScript activado o no es compatible con JavaScript. Active JavaScript en su explorador Web para ver correctamente este sitio Web o actualizar a un navegador Web que admita JavaScript.
Sabías que...
La conexión entre Dreamcast y una pantalla da la mejor calidad de imagen cuando se usa VGA.

BennuGD para Dreamcast

Última actualización en 4 year hace
SonicccpSonicccpMiembro
Publicado 4 year hace
Buenas a todos:

Me he echo con un equipo antiguo y lo tengo para trastear, la situacion es que le tengo instalado Ubuntu, y quería instalar el BEnnuGD, para la Dreamcasrt, tengo algunos conocimientos de C++ y Java y quería probar en mis ratos libres a hacer algo, un saludo y espero que me podais indicar algun tutorial y enlaces para instalar el BennuGD en Ubuntu. bigsmile
Ryo SuzukiRyo SuzukiAdministrador
Publicado 7 year hace
Yes. It is a bug of MikMod in Dreamcast working with BennuGD... I think.

And if I remember well you can't change the volume of the songs too. I have to use CDDA tracks and wavs for the sounds.

I hope that Indiket can find out what is the problem...
www.segasaturno.com/portal/files/posted_images/user_2_saturno_ryo.jpg
F
FusekiMiembro Júnior
Publicado 7 year hace
I'm only getting audio from one channel with that runtime and compiler. I guess I'll just play around with it if everything is working from your end. It must be something I'm doing wrong.
Publicado 7 year hace
Yes, you maybe are right and Demul is using more resources compared with NullDC.

You perhaps are using an old version of 1s_read.bin with the old mixer. Now is using MikMod and I think is better. Wich problem do you have with the last version?
F
FusekiMiembro Júnior
Publicado 7 year hace
I'll give Demul a try, although I think my PC might be a bit too old to run it. The version of nullDC I'm using is really old but it works with my lowly Intel graphics.

I had an issue with sound only coming out of one channel with the IDE and runtime you supplied to me, so I just went with the older version of the runtime that I was using. It plays and works fine with that version, so I;ll release it using that one for now. The game is finished and I'm preparing it for release as we speak.
Publicado 7 year hace
Yes, you can test it easy in PC and later in Dreamcast or emulator.

I would recommend you to use Demul because is much better and it works more similar to a real hardware.

You're welcome.
F
FusekiMiembro Júnior
Publicado 7 year hace
That'll save me from having to made a CD image everytime I want to test something as well. I use nullDC for testing the images, but I'd rather just run it on my PC and cut out a step. Thanks for the files!
Publicado 7 year hace
You have a MP with my custom SDK updated both BennuGD interpreter & compiler and the last version of the 1st_read.bin (Indiket-nov2016)

Yes, I know the problem with the paths in the last versions. But you can make it work for DC and PC with something like that:

if (os_id == 5);  // Dreamcast
             load_fpg("/cd/shit.fpg");
       else // PC
             load_fpg("shit.fpg"); 
       end

And it gonna run fine. Let me know if you have some problem. Bye!
F
FusekiMiembro Júnior
Publicado 7 year hace
Sure, I'd love to give it a try. Thanks! It must be something I'm doing wrong, as the old compiler sees my paths just fine, but the newer one doesn't. In nullDC, I get some weird read errors, and a black screen on the Dreamcast itself.

I appreciate the help!
Publicado 7 year hace
I am using the last BennuGD version released a few months ago and is working fine for the Dreamcast port that Indiket gives to us.

Is the last one, bgd-1.0.0-r335, and it haves some things updated and I recomend it to you.

All the Bennupacks are working with Dreamcast version too if I remember well, maybe you have some problems with the paths and you can't load the assets.

I am using a little custom and little SDK that I created with the last version of the compiler & interpreter and the last binary of the Dremcast that Indiket compiled days ago. I am working with it for Dreamcastnoid and my adventure-visual novel and everything is OK, if you want I could upload for you.
F
FusekiMiembro Júnior
Publicado 7 year hace
I know this is old, but I have a quick question- do you have a Windows i386 binary of the version of BennuGD compiler that you've compiled for the Dreamcast? I've got things pretty well sorted with my new game in BennuGD and wish to test it on the Dreamcast. Thanks for any help you can offer!

EDIT: I figured it out. For anyone else wanting to try this, you must use the OLD compiler from BennuPack 2.2 to get this to work. The newest compiler doesn't seem to compile the code in a way that'll run on the Dreamcast, unless I'm doing something wrong.
Editado por Fuseki en 27-12-2016 23:52, 7 year hace
IndiketIndiketAdministrador
Publicado 8 year hace
I just state that I replied the rand issue in the other post! ;) . Thanks again for your support Fuseki!
F
FusekiMiembro Júnior
Publicado 8 year hace
No problem. I've got it all sorted, and even figured out that Fenix 0.84b is able to save to the VMU (using save() and load(), and the path '/vmu/a1/'... all thanks to Chui for the information!). There's an issue with the rand() function in BennuGD that makes my game do strange things (objects all end up in the same place and don't randomize), and I haven't sorted that out just yet, so I'm sticking to 0.84b for my current game, and will use BennuGD for my next game.
Publicado 8 year hace

Fuseki ha escrito:

Sounds great! Yes… the Dreamcast port of Bennu has been neglected. I have asked for help on the official forum, but no one answers. I have the engine for my next game finished (the game just needs new graphics and some tuning), and am considering porting it over to Bennu for the Dreamcast, as I'd like to have VMU saving support. I'll keep checking the page to see how you're doing with OGG support. I'm using s3m songs right now.

Hey Fuseki, how are you? Sorry for my delay, I've been working hard to bring to you a new release of the Bennu engine :) . I fixed the issues with OGG (I think), and added 50/60Hz selector as bonus.

As for VMU saving, if I recall correctly, there is support. You have to load the mod_dream module and use the functions "configtovmu" and "configfromvmu". Check source code at file mod_dream/vmu.c, its really simple to get it :D
F
FusekiMiembro Júnior
Publicado 8 year hace
Sounds great! Yes… the Dreamcast port of Bennu has been neglected. I have asked for help on the official forum, but no one answers. I have the engine for my next game finished (the game just needs new graphics and some tuning), and am considering porting it over to Bennu for the Dreamcast, as I'd like to have VMU saving support. I'll keep checking the page to see how you're doing with OGG support. I'm using s3m songs right now.
Publicado 8 year hace
Hey Fuseki! Glad to see you again here, great news!! ^^

Thanks a lot hehe, and you're welcome! Its a bit sad that BennuGD community don't pay too much attention to this Dreamcast port, because I see great potential on it! For instance, I'll try to compine this Bennu version with OGG support from KOS. Sounds cool, huh? :D
F
FusekiMiembro Júnior
Publicado 8 year hace
Great work! I need to set up a KOS environment and compile the latest BennuGD for Dreamcast. I'm still working within Fenix (I'm working on two games, plus I've done many old DIV ports for theisozone.com), but the limitations of Fenix 0.84b are starting to show. Thank you for the tutorials!
Publicado 8 year hace
Esto es desde Ubuntu Sonicccp, para crear ejecutables y DLL para usarlo en Windows! ;)

Creo que lo he conseguido, pero aún está todo muy "en pinzas" y puede ser que muchas cosas no vayan... así que WARNING xDDD
SonicccpSonicccpMiembro
Publicado 8 year hace
Guauu, esta interesante, solo un apunte tonto. Esto se descarga en windows o en Linux, estoy mas interesado hacerlo en Linux, tengo el Ubuntu en un equipo viejo que uso para estas cosas.

Si es así, esta bien mirarlo y probar haber que se logra con tanto código, jeje.
Somos la joven guardia que va forjando el porvenir. Nos templó la miseria, sabremos vencer o morir. Noble es la causa de librar al hombre de su esclavitud. Quizá el caminó hay que regar, con sangre de la juventud.
Publicado 8 year hace
CROSS-COMPILAR BENNUGD DESDE UBUNTU PARA WIN32

¿Tienes algún amigo hereje que usa Windows y necesita algún módulo en DLL? ¿Tienes repelús de usar Windows y no te pondrás una máquina virtual para ello? Si ese es tu caso, camarada, bienvenido a esta sección :D :D

SISTEMA HOST: UBUNTU 14.04 LTS

Veréis, dentro del mundillo de cross-compile a windows, existen dos programas para generar binarios: MINGW32 y MINGW-W64. El segundo es un fork más evolucionado, que permite compilar para 32 y 64 bits y además, ya incluye headers de librerías como DirectX. Usaremos este último!!

0. Instalar los siguientes paquetes básicos:
>> sudo apt-get install build-essential subversion mingw-w64 mingw-w64-tools

1. Ok, ya tienes el compilador pero... también tienes que compilar todas las librerías de tu proyecto para Win32, una a una (ugh, dolor!!). Así que ármate de paciencia, y al toro!

zlib:

>> apt-get source zlib1g
>> cd zlib-1.2.8.dfsg
>> CC=i686-w64-mingw32-gcc AR=i686-w64-mingw32-ar RANLIB=i686-w64-mingw32-ranlib CFLAGS="-DNO_FSEEKO" ./configure --prefix=/usr/i686-w64-mingw32/
>> make
>> sudo make install

Si os da un error (como a mí) de este tipo: /i686-w64-mingw32/bin/ld: cannot find -lc collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

No os asustéis xD. Repetid el último comando sin el parámetro "-lc" y luego el "make install". Os compilará correctamente ;)

openssl (1.0.1p - 32 bits):

Nota: el "Configure" con C mayúscula:
>> wget http://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-1.0.1p.tar.gz
>> tar -zxf openssl-1.0.1p.tar.gz
>> cd openssl-1.0.1p
>> PATH=/usr/i686-w64-mingw32/bin/:$PATH ./Configure no-shared disable-capieng --prefix=/usr/i686-w64-mingw32/ mingw
>> PATH=/usr/i686-w64-mingw32/bin/:$PATH make CC=i686-w64-mingw32-gcc RANLIB=i686-w64-mingw32-ranlib
>> sudo make install

libpng:

>> wget http://kent.dl.sourceforge.net/project/libpng/libpng16/1.6.18/libpng-1.6.18.tar.gz
>> tar -zxf libpng-1.6.18.tar.gz
>> cd libpng-1.6.18
>> ./configure --prefix=/usr/i686-w64-mingw32/ --host=i686-w64-mingw32
>> make
>> sudo make install

SDL 1.2.15:
(Compilaremos sin soporte DirectX).

>> wget http://www.libsdl.org/release/SDL-1.2.14.tar.gz
>> tar -zxf SDL-1.2.14.tar.gz
>> cd SDL-1.2.14
>> ./configure --prefix=/usr/i686-w64-mingw32/ --host=i686-w64-mingw32 --disable-directx
>> make
>> sudo make install

SDL_mixer:
ATENCIÓN: Hay un bug durante la compilación de la SDL_mixer 1.2.12 con SDL 1.2.15!!

Para resolverlo, tenéis que hacer un primer intento de compilación, y luego editar el fichero /build/.libs/libSDL_mixer.la:

# Libraries that this one depends upon.
dependency_libs =

Quita la "-lmingw32" y pon "/usr/i686-w64-mingw32//lib/libSDLmain.la" ANTES de la libSDL.la

>> wget http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_mixer/release/SDL_mixer-1.2.12.tar.gz
>> tar -zxf SDL_mixer-1.2.12.tar.gz
>> cd SDL_mixer-1.2.12
>> ./configure --prefix=/usr/i686-w64-mingw32/ --host=i686-w64-mingw32
>> make
>> sudo make install

Nota: esta versión de SDL_mixer no la compilaremos con soporte OGG, MP3, FLAC ni Mikmod.

2. Ahora os descargáis los fuentes de BennuGD:
>> svn co https://svn.code.sf.net/p/bennugd/code/ bennugd

3. Dadle permisos de ejecución a los scripts del configure.
>> cd bennugd
>> sudo chmod +x core/configure modules/configure tools/moddesc/configure

4. Editad el fichero "build-win32-cross-opensuse.sh" y haced estos cambios:

PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/i686-w64-mingw32/lib/pkgconfig

CFLAGS ="-O2 -I${WIN32CROSS}/include -I${WIN32CROSS}/include/[b]openssl[/b] -I${WIN32CROSS}/include/SDL"

Cambiad los 3 "make" que están en core, modules y tools por esto: make SDL_LIBS='-lSDL'

5. Compilation time!! Ejecutad el script desde el directorio raíz de los fuentes.
>> ./build-win32-cross-opensuse.sh release

6. A disfrutar!! :D :D :D
puede ver todos los hilos de discusión en este foro.
puede iniciar un nuevo hilo de discusión en este foro.