Ok... I downloaded the Fenix 0.84 CVS 2008 binary and tools from here, and can get my code to run on my computer. The problem is, I cannot seem to get the CD binary to boot in my Dreamcast. Here is what Ive tried so far:
1. Using the FXI.bin, I've pointed my IP.bin to it, renamed my DCB to fenix.dat, and put all of my data files into the CD root. I created the disc, without scrambling the binary. When the disc boots, it will show the SEGA screen then constantly reset the Dreamcast.
2. Same as above, but this time I scrambled the binary. The SEGA screen shows up, then blank screen without running my code.
Do I rename the FXI.bin to 1st_boot.bin? Is it supposed to be scrambled? Here is a listing of the CD root directory:
OK, here there are a few notes to use this version of Fenix:
- You must include the data folder in the root of the CD. It contains all images and fanfare to use the menu. You can change any of the images from there.
- Also, you have to create an exec folder, and inside it put your game (create a new folder, like the examples).
- The fenix.xml file defines the number of games. If you only define one game, then Fenix will launch immediately your game. If there are more than one, it shows the GUI menu.
If you want to contact me by MSN, just drop me a PM :)
It can be just both options hehe. Can you put any output error? You can use an emulator to see that :)
I'll have to run it through NullDC and see what the output it, but I have a feeling that there's a problem with playing s3m files. I'll have to test it more when I get home, but it crashes once the music starts. Another theory is that the Dreamcast is running out of memory; maybe this release uses more? I'll run some more tests when I get home.
Thanks for all of the help. dreamcast.es is already on the credits screen ("Thanks to" section) of my next game :)
puede ver todos los hilos de discusión en este foro. puede iniciar un nuevo hilo de discusión en este foro. no puede responder en este hilo de discusión. no puede empezar en una encuesta en este foro.
puede cargar archivos adjuntos en este foro. no puede descargar archivos adjuntos en este foro.