¡Oh no! ¿Dónde está el JavaScript? El navegador Web no tiene JavaScript activado o no es compatible con JavaScript. Active JavaScript en su explorador Web para ver correctamente este sitio Web o actualizar a un navegador Web que admita JavaScript.
Sabías que...
Typing of the Dead es un juego basado en The House of The Dead en que debes matar zombies tecleando palabras.

Fenix 0.84b CVS VMU saving

Última actualización en 8 year hace
F
FusekiMiembro Júnior
Publicado 8 year hace
Hey Indiket... I recently got my game engine to run under your new build of BennuGD for Dreamcast, but there are some bugs that I'm having a hard time fixing (mainly with rand() ), so I decided to stick with 0.84b CVS 2008 for this particular game. It runs fine under that build, and I'll just leave it for now. My other game will use BennuGD for Dreamcast, though.

My question is, do you remember how to utilize VMU saving using the 2008 CVS build of 0.84b? I tried using fread/fwrite/fopen/fclose, but it tries to save the file to the CD and my game crashes on the Dreamcast. I *know* it works somehow, because I got it to work years ago. I just don't remember how to do it. I looked at the source code for 0.84b CVS, but I couldn't find the particular function that handles VMU saving.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

EDIT: I've got it sorted. Use save() and load(), and the path '/vmu/a1/' with a filename. Thanks to Chui for his help!
Editado por Fuseki en 31-03-2016 19:17, 8 year hace
IndiketIndiketAdministrador
Publicado 8 year hace
Hey Fuseki, glad you managed to solve it!! :D :D . And thanks again to post it for all of us!!

About the rand issue, did you init the seed before using random? I think you have to include "mod_rand", and then call rand_seed with the argument as the seed (timestamp should be a good one). Then, just call rand_std with the MIN and MAX value of the random value.

Cheers!!
F
FusekiMiembro Júnior
Publicado 8 year hace
I did try rand_seed, but maybe I did it wrong. How would I use timestamp as the argument?
IndiketIndiketAdministrador
Publicado 8 year hace
Good question, hmm with "mod_time" you have two functions:
- time: Returns INT with current time from 1970.
- ftime: Timestamp can be formated (probably you don't need it).

Take a look here:
http://wiki.bennugd.org/index.php?tit...itle=Ftime
http://wiki.bennugd.org/index.php?tit...title=Time
F
FusekiMiembro Júnior
Publicado 8 year hace
Got it. I'll give time() a try. This line from the wiki says it all: " It is also useful in rand_seed(), to have 'more randomness'."

Thanks again!
puede ver todos los hilos de discusión en este foro.
puede iniciar un nuevo hilo de discusión en este foro.